Realizing the importance of Freedom of Speech and Expression among the students, the College allows the publication and maintenance of a free, responsible, and responsive student publication. The student organ in the College is “The Vision Quest” a member publication of the College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) and in existence uninterrupted since the establishment of the College adhering closely to the following:
The student organ in the College is “The Vision Quest” a member
publication of the College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) and
in existence uninterrupted since the establishment of the College
adhering closely to the following:
“Student Publications – whether newspapers, folios, yearbook, and the like must be approached as a serious work of journalism. It should report and
explain noteworthy events in the life of the institution and provide for a medium for student expression.”
Towards this, the College shall endeavor to uphold the Campus Journalism Act of 1991, school rules and regulation and the Laws of the Land.
The operation and maintenance of the school publication shall be in accordance with the policies of the College as outlined by the College Media Board.
1. Student publication funds will be collected by the College and released to the Editorial Board upon their written request.
2. The editorial board shall receive scholarship benefits deductible from the student publication fund.
3. A publication moderator recommended by the Editorial Board and appointed by the College President will be made every school year including summer term and shall receive honorarium equivalent to at least two academic loads per month to be charged against the School Publication Fee, except during summer term.
4. The editorial board shall endeavor to solicit the participation of other students in the publication through contributions such as essay, poetry and the like or relevant and burning issues of the day.
5. The editorial board must endeavor to observe the Canons of Journalism, as well as pertinent laws of the land adhering to good faith, decency, morals and other editorial content.
6. Problems, complaints and the like arising from the student publication shall be addressed to the Moderator, then elevated to the College Media Board if mediation is not possible.
Mondriaan Aura College - Subic Bay
Bldg. H-8931 Former SubCom Area, Subic Bay Freeport Zone. Telephone No. (047) 252-3808
Copyright © Mondriaan Aura College 2018. All Rights Reserved.